Executive Compensation Litigation Practice
Our highly skilled litigators represent corporate clients, board of directors, compensation committees and senior executives on contract and fiduciary claims, including Internal Revenue Code Section 409A based claims, executive employment and separation agreements and stock compensation disputes. Some representative examples include:
- Wychocki v. FSC, et. al., Case No. 1:10CV02954 (N.D. Ill. 2010) (successfully defended executive before IRS against claim for tax assessment, which resulted in dismissal of civil litigation seeking over $3 million in clawback from executive).
- The Morrison Restaurant, Inc. Retirement Plan, et al., v. Old Mutual Financial Network Securities, Inc., Case No. 3:08-CV-501 (successfully represented nonqualified deferred compensation plan against insurance company and reached a settlement to collect on annuities owed to the plan).
- In re: Piccadilly Cafeterias, Inc., Case No. 03-27976-BKC-RBR (successfully represented management employees regarding their qualified and nonqualified pensions).
- Gray v T.V. Guide et. al. 77 Fed. Appx. 507 (11th Cir. 2003) (Table) (successfully defended company against claim executive owed over $8,000,000 in compensation because of alleged duty to create a top hat plan).
- Garratt v. Knowles, 245 F.3d 941 (7th 2001) (successfully defended company against claim for approximately $1.5 million in supplemental retirement benefits tied to change in control of company).
- Arbitration – successfully prosecuted claim by executive for approximately $1 million in enhanced retirement benefits.